Phases for painting BlueMetal Blue electric guitar.
1. Sanding the body of the guitar with 240 and 400 grit sandpaper. Always sanding in favor of the wood grain so as not to create stripes across.
2. Application of the first coat of NitorPOL Primer White or, the white sealer helps us smooth the surface of the wood. It is the most important part of the whole process.
6. Let the guitar dry between 6-8 hrs
7. Sanding with 400 grit sandpaper
8. Application of the second hand of NitorPOL Primer White on the body of the guitar
9. Let the guitar dry 12 hrs
10. Sanding with 400 and 800 grit sandpaper
11. Application of the NitorPOL Silversparkle, a thin layer of metallic effect is applied on the white background. This metallic will highlight the blue tint with sparkles.
12. Application of NitorPOL Translucid Blue
14. Let dry 12 hours and apply NitorPOL Lacquer Gloss
15. Let dry 24 hours and reapply another coat of NitorPOL Lacquer Gloss. We do not sand now because we will surely peel the blue, so we give another layer of finish, which will give us safety when sanding later.
16. Let dry 24 hours and sand with 400 and 800 sandpaper until all the shine is removed and leave the surface smooth. Be careful with the edges and profiles, and it is easy to sand excessively and peel the dye.
17. Go applying topcoats with the following procedure:
Always apply thin hands so that the material stretches well and does not pick up
Reduce the finish by 10% to 15% with medium solvent so that it does not create orange peel (especially at high temperatures)
Very important, the repainting of the finish must be done with a minimum of one day of drying between layers so that when we apply the following hands, it does not remove the layer below.
Sand the last layers with 2000 grit sandpaper
18.- To polish you have to wait 8 to 10 days. Before polishing, sand with 2000 sandpaper by adding water on the finish and always sanding wet and without excessive pressure. Use a high speed polisher and never exert excessive pressure on the finish. If we overheat the material will be whitish.