WOOD GRAIN FILLER
guitar paint and all you need to learn how to paint a guitar
Grain Filler for Guitar – The first step to a flawless finish.
Nitorlack’s grain filler is a product designed to fill the pore of wood and prepare the surface for subsequent finishing applications, both polyurethane, nitro, water and shellac. The product is compatible with our water-based dyes to give it the tone you want. You can adjust the density with water, it is easy to apply, quick-drying, does not crack and has good sanding. Indicated above all in large open pore woods, such as Mahogany, Ash or Rosewood. Nitorlack’s Grain Filler for guitar is the best option for filling and leveling pores in woods before varnishing. Everything you need for a professional finish. Fill wood pores without sagging, shrinking or cracking Compatible with all finishes Compatible with all stains, backgrounds and topcoats. Colors specially developed for instruments. Neutral is perfect for custom tints with ColorTone dyes and pigments Easy to apply, dries fast and sands easily Non-toxic, solvent-free and non-flammable. ColorTone Powder Grain Filler is supplied as a fine powder, ready to mix with water (a 1: 2 ratio of water to filler works for us). Apply to wood, scrape or Tear off excess, allow to dry, sand the surface level and wipe with a damp cloth. It is easy! Now you’re ready to spray a smooth, blemish-free professional finish. No need to worry about shelf life – when stored dry, the filler will last indefinitely. 250 ml bottle
In a glass, put the grain filler with approximately 10% warm water and mix it until there are no lumps and with a suitable consistency to apply.
1. In a glass, put the grain filler with approximately 10% warm water and mix it until there are no lumps and with a suitable consistency to apply.
2. Apply the grain filler in the direction of the grain and then the opposite of it. Let dry 10 minutes
3.With a spatula at a 45 degree angle remove the excess grain filler
4. Once dry, wipe off the remaining residue with a clean, dry cloth.
5. Sand the surface with 400 grit sandpaper.
- If a next application of grain filler is necessary, let it dry for 30 minutes
- The color of the grain filler can be toned with our water-based dyes.
- Wait 24 hours to apply any finish after the grain filler.
- It is not toxic.
With the guarantee of Valresa Coatings S.A