Our vintage-inspired colors
Nitorlack colors are based on the original colors.Fender and Gibson. The creation of these colors is preceded by a great work and exhaustive study by our laboratory and technical department. Thanks to this, we have managed to faithfully recreate the tones of the Fender and Gibson guitars of the 50s and 60s.
During those years up to the present day, it is worth noting that the colors of guitars vintage have varied a lot over the years due to the aging of the nitrocellulose lacquer and modifications to the brand’s own colors.
Therefore, two guitars finished in 1960 with fender colors may be totally different from each other or from a more current guitar.
- We begin to apply the color once the guitar has been primed with Nitorlack Primer.
- When we start the painting work, the pores must be closed and the grain must not be marked
- We apply the product either by spray or spray gun at a distance of about 25 cm.
- When applying we must follow a pattern of application, first horizontally and then vertically, uniformly applying the paint.
- Apply several coats, letting dry between them for a few minutes 24 horas and sanding in between to remove any remaining impurities
- This work will be finished when the surface is completely smooth and free of imperfections.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How many sprays do I need to varnish a guitar?
– If the surface is well covered and it is not your first painting project, you will be able to do it with a spray, although you will not apply many coats. However if you are not an expert we recommend using 2 sprays for an optimal finish.
What temperature should the guitar be at during and after the process?
-For best results, we recommend applying it in a place where the temperature is between 15 and 25 degrees and the humidity is between 45% and 60%
Where should I carry out the process?
-A clean site will be essential to prevent dirt or dust particles from adhering to the surface
Is sanding between coats obligatory?
It is not something you should always do, but it is advisable to remove any imperfections that remain in the paint at the end of each coat, as well as any particles that may adhere to it.
Share your work on social networks using our hashtag